Fyzabad Secondary School (FSS) is located in the education district of St. Patrick, along the Siparia Road in Fyzabad. Classes actually started at the Fyzabad Community Centre in 1976, until the school compound was ready for occupation in 1977. FSS, originally named Fyzabad Senior Comprehensive School, and more recently Fyzabad Composite School, catered for Form 4 and 5 students only and a student population of 1600.
Later, in 1986, there was the introduction of Form 1 students in addition to the normal Form 4 intake at the start of the academic year. It is then the school name was changed to Fyzabad Composite School. The curriculum offered during this period included traditional grammar type subjects and Pre technician subjects examined by Caribbean Examinations Council. In addition there were Specialized Craft programmes examined by the National Examinations Council.
By 1996, the school saw its third level of admission with the introduction of a joint Advanced level programme of studies with Fyzabad Anglican Secondary School (FASS). However in 2003, both FCS and FASS severed ties and pursued independent A’ level programmes.